Monday 30 May 2011

Hello Blog, I am sorry for the neglect

Just realised during a moment of severe boredom and procrastination that I have neglected my blog. You may think I have been studying or partying or perhaps maybe doing something of value... well the truth is I have a bit actually, so ner.

I have joined St John Ambulance, and go to regular meetings, trainings, assessments and duties (I get to provide first aid support at major events and gigs, totally cool, I have seen Drake, Katy Perry, the Bupa Manchester 10km Run, and next week: Take That! Pretty cool for a voluntary shindig, and getting great first aid life skills too! And the people there are a really great team to be a part of!
I have also been mildly studying for my exams, I have done my project, dissertation, 3 exams, and have 2 to go... then I am officially (hopefully if I pass...) a graduate! eek.

I have also been to various assessment centres and job interviews, and have a final stage pitch for a sales job in just over a week, so fingers crossed and I could be on my way to a nice little earner with massive opportunities for progression and money money money! My plan is to stay in Manchester, close to friends and boyfriend.

Oh, sorry, did I forget to mention I have been seeing my lovely boyfriend for nearly 6 months>? He is a guy like most others, but with that little something extra, yes sometimes he smells, and is gross, and is late, and forgets things a million times, but other times he is wonderful, thoughtful, knows me inside out, puts up with my moods and sulks, thumb sucking and hyperactivity, and generally makes me really ludicrously happy. Fear not blog stalkers, I am being much more careful now I am living with the whole 'tainted love' thing, following terrible past experiences, but I really think this guy could be the one. There. I just said it. In the internet. crikey! I hate those annoying loved up people, but hey, if you can't beat them, join us!! Because it is brilliant!

In other news, I am missing my Essex friends like crazy and hope I can see them in between holiday plans, Leeds fest and potential job prospects/commitments!! :(

The family blake is doing well, Dad is having more treatment, and waiting for a bone marrow transplant that could turn his life around, literally. James and Ollie are rocking and rolling out in Australia, and we skype bully each other. And mum has started weight watchers and I am really proud of her.(oh sorry i forgot to mention I have lost 39lbs (nearly 3 stone) over the last few months, and I've never felt or looked better! Goin to keep going to somewhere between 4-5 stone loss, i'd love to be a size 12-14.

Anyway, most of this life update can probably be viewed through lengthy facebook research but I though I would zip this blog up to date with who I am at the moment, and then I can carry on with my normal day to day random musings, and maybe even get back on my tumblr for more pretentious artyness. I do love a bit of that!!

Am looking to get out with my camera to take photos for my portfolio and to enter into competitions and magazines and stuff to see if I can get my name a bit recognised, so watch this space people!


Katy 'Excited' Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment