Monday 1 March 2010

Concorde Crashes and Chicken Sandwiches

It seems to be the 'in thing' to get blogging these days, and I thought that it is a bandwagon that I should be jumping on.

I had previously started a blog during my time spent abroad in Paris, and it was rather witty and interesting. However, that got seriously neglected and with a change in my circumstances (back in Manchester and single for the first time since I moved here in 2007) I thought what better way to express myself than recapture that part of me that simply loves detailing my inner thoughts on the interweb.

And yes, the title of this entry does have a meaning... I am actually studying (hard to believe as I only attend 3 hours a week at the moment, as I am technically in degree limbo, waiting for my final year to start in September).
Anyway, I am trying to write about Concorde, and did some wikipedia based background research on it(as all students tend to). However, this now doesn't seem to blogworthy in itself so I will move on to the chicken..

I bought a rotisserie chicken and had a fresh hot chicken sandwich, a luxury that can only be compared to that of taking a stagecoach bus around Manchester instead of the peasants' Magic Bus.

I have loads on this week with Netball, Work, Uni work, organising a University of Manchester Glee Club Social, and my university radio show to plan and produce, yet I feel eternally guilty when I hear about those people writing dissertations etc, and I just think, where would I fit it in? I did go to the library the other day to try and get inspired for my own dissertation (to be written next academic year), and within 5 minutes I had a headache and needed a sit down, I just don't understand why or how people can spend all day in the library~ Have you no life? do you not need to refresh facebook every 10 minutes? why haven't you seen the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy?!

Maybe this means that I have no life, but who can say that I'm not thoroughly enjoying it!

Ps I went to the Gym and watched the conservative party's pre election speech thing, which I was really proud of, who exercises and takes an interest in politics at the same time?! I'm definitely a changed woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment